29.8 C
Tacloban City
August 17, 2026 - Monday | 9:16 AM
Home Blog Page 1494

DOH reports 2 new cases

0

Region has now 14 Delta variant cases

TACLOBAN CITY- A pregnant woman from a Leyte town is one of the two persons from the region who were tested to have the Delta variant of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19).
This was confirmed by Dr. Marc Steven Capungcol, head of the epidemiology and surveillance unit of the Department of Health (DOH-8), who said that the region has now 14 Delta variant cases, considered to be the most infectious of COVID-19 variants.
He, however, said that one of the two latest cases is still in Manila and in isolation but was counted as a case from the region as he listed his home address as Hilongos, Leyte.
Capungcol said that the eight-month old pregnant woman is from Hindang town, also in Leyte, and is now in isolation at the local government unit-run facility.
“She appears to be asymptomatic. She returned last August 9 from Davao City and travelled to Manila on her way to Tacloban. She was picked up at the Tacloban airport by her brother who was tested negative,” the health official said.
Both new cases of Delta variant in the region were returning overseas workers.

Capungcol said that of the 14 Delta variant cases of the region, only four are considered as ‘active.’ The other active cases were from Borongan City in Eastern Samar and Kawayan in Biliran province.
With the presence of Delta variant and other variants in the region, Capungcol renewed their calls for the public to strictly follow all the mandatory health protocols as he vowed that the DOH, together with the local government units, on the vaccination campaign.
Based on the data of the DOH-8, 560,092 individuals have received their first dose of which 259,662 of them have completed the vaccination.
The DOH has also reported that the Eastern Visayas has so far received over one million doses of vaccines of which 624,010 vaccines are Sinovac.
More vaccines are expected to be received by the region, the DOH added.
Meantime, the DOH reported of 198 new COVID-19 cases on Friday (August 17), increasing the region’s total cases to 40,445 with 1,312 considered as active cases.

‘I Love Tacloban Youth Organization’

0
Tacloban City Mayor Alfred Romualdez presided the induction of the new set of officers of the ‘I Love Tacloban Youth Organization-’ Tacloban north held last August 14 at the Brgy.105 gymnasium. Among those who joined the city mayor were Councilors Aimee Delgado-Grafil, Brian Steve Granados, Raymund Romualdez (not in photo).

Eastern Visayas COVID-19 deaths climb to 435

0

TACLOBAN CITY-Deaths related to coronavirus disease (COVID-19) here in the region have climbed to 435 following the four new deaths recorded on Sunday(August 15).
“With the high number of cases in Eastern Visayas, the Department of Health continues to appeal to the public to keep following and keep practicing the minimum public health standards all the time and in all settings,” the regional health department said.
The new fatalities were identified as a 45-year-old male from Ormoc City who died on August 12,; a 57-year-old female from MacArthur, Leyte who died on July 26; an 84-year-old female from Bobon, Northern Samar who died on July 16; and a 77-year-old male from Capul, Northern Samar who died on August 9..
On Monday(August 16), the region also logged 92  new COVID-19 cases and 125 new recoveries, bringing the region’s total number of cases at 38,513 with total recoveries at 36,862 and total active cases at 1,216.
The 92 new confirmed cases are from Tacloban City (16),  Leyte province (28), Southern Leyte (9), Eastern Samar (15), Northern Samar (4), Samar (19), and Biliran (1).
As this developed, the regional health department said they have intensified its vaccination drive.
As of August 13, a total of 397 vaccination sites were set up across Eastern Visayas.
(RONALD O. REYES)

Over 245K Eastern Visayas residents now fully vaccinated

0

TACLOBAN CITY – Some 245,180 residents in Eastern Visayas have been fully vaccinated as of Aug. 15 as the region continues to receive more vaccine supplies from the national government.
The number forms part of the 731,110 doses administered to health workers, senior citizens, those with comorbidities, and essential workers in six provinces and seven cities in Eastern Visayas, the Department of Health (DOH) regional office here reported on Monday (August 16).
Some 485,930 doses or 90.87 percent of the 534,778 first doses allocated to the region have already been administered.
The DOH also reported that about 96.95 percent of the available doses have been distributed, equating to 906,576 out of 935,070 doses received. The region has 397 sites conducting Covid-19 vaccination.
“The government’s intensified vaccination drive is continually in action as the vaccine inoculation for the first three priority groups (health workers, elderlies, and those with comorbidities) is still ongoing, both for their first and second doses, respectively,” the DOH said in a statement sent to reporters.
“The public is reminded to coordinate with their LGUs (local government units) for vaccine registration and get vaccinated, following the government’s Prioritization Framework, in order to get maximum protection against the severe form of Covid-19,” it added.
All frontline health workers in the region have been vaccinated. For elderlies and with comorbidities, the vaccine rollout coverage is 36.11 percent and 56.12 percent, respectively.
About 14.17 percent of economic front-liners have also been inoculated.
The deliveries of vaccines in the region are expected to step up the government’s Covid-19 vaccination rollout, protecting more individuals from catching severe infections and/or deaths from coronavirus.
The health department reminds everyone, including those vaccinated to continue to adhere to public health measures such as physical distancing, wearing of face masks and face shields, hand and respiratory hygiene, and ensuring good ventilation by opening windows and doors where possible as vaccines do not replace the important prevention measures that are currently being practiced.
As of Aug. 16, Eastern Visayas has already recorded 38,513 confirmed Covid-19 cases, including 36,862 recoveries and 435 deaths. This brings the active cases to 1,216 or 3.16 percent of the total.
(SARWELL Q. MENIANO/PNA)

Recent Posts

DALMACIO C. GRAFIL
PUBLISHER

ALMA GRAFIL
EDITOR-IN-CHIEF

ROMEO CEBREROS
OFFICE IN-CHARGE

OFFICE
BRGY. SONGCO, BORONGAN CITY

CONTACT NUMBERS
(055) 261 – 3319 | 0955 251 1533 | 0917 771 0320 | 0915 897 7439 | 0921 511 0010

DALMACIO C. GRAFIL
PUBLISHER

RICKY J. BAUTISTA
EDITOR

ALMA GRAFIL
BUS. MANAGER

OFFICE
RIZAL AVENUE, CATBALOGAN
(INFRONT OF FIRE DEPARTMENT, NEAR CITY HALL)

CONTACT NUMBERS
0917 771 0320 | 0915 897 7439 | 0921 511 0010

EMAIL
lsdaily2@yahoo.com

WEBSITE
www.issuu.com/samarweeklyexpress