ORMOC CITY– An overheated ceiling fan was blamed for a fire incident that burned down three business stalls in Basey, Samar on Tuesday (May 23) at about 11 am.

A fire engulfed three business stalls in Barangay Baybay in Basey, Samar on Tuesday(May 23) after a ceiling fan overheated. (PNP BASEY)

The three stalls, located in Barangay Baybay in the said town, were completely gutted down with arson investigators placed the damage to P130,000.

Report from the local police said that the fire incident started at about 11 am but was declared fire out 30 minutes later as two fire trucks from the municipal fire station immediately responded to the fire call.

The three stalls that were affected by the blaze were owned by Mary Jane Ragaodao, 26; Romeo Baclea-an, 44; and Gina Hermo, of legal age. All residents of Baybay.

The initial investigation conducted by the responding police and fire personnel disclosed that Ragaodao noticed that her ceiling fan located on the second floor of her house was burning.

She immediately sought help from their neighbors but the fire quickly spread as her house was made of light materials, affecting the neighboring stalls.
No one was injured in the fire incident.