ORMOC CITY-A construction worker was declared dead on arrival at the Northern Samar Provincial Hospital in Catarman town after incurring fatal injuries after he was electrocuted at a construction site inside the compound of the municipal hall in Gamay, also in Northern Samar on Saturday (Feb.3) at about 8:10 am.

The victim, who was only identified as ‘Baladad’and of legal age, was working on the installation of steel trusses in the of a multi-purpose building that is being constructed when the steel trusses he was holding touched the live wire of the electric post of Northern Samar Electric Cooperative(Norsamelco’s) resulting to his accidental electrocution.

After he was electrocuted, the victim instantly fell to the ground from the top of the two storey building.

Because of the severity of his injuries, the victim was referred to the Northern Samar Provincial Hospital for further medical intervention but was declared dead on arrival by his attending physician.