Investigation on explosion incident still ongoing

TACLOBAN CITY- The chief of police of Hilongos in Leyte was sacked from his post as investigation on the blast incident in the said town continues.
Chief Inspector Alberto Renomeron Jr., was relieved from his post effective January 5, nine days after the explosion incident rocked Hilongos that injured 32 people, 10 of them were children.
The relief of Renomeron was signed by Leyte police director S/Supt. Franco Simborio though with the go signal of Chief Supt. Elmer Beltejar, regional police director.
“Chief Inspector Renomeron was relieved from his post as chief of police of Hilongos and was replaced by (Chief) Inspector (Ronald) Espina,” Chief Inspector Bella Rentuaya, information officer of the Philippine National Police (PNP-8), said.
Renomeron, the head of Hilongos police station since March 4, 2016, was temporarily reassigned at the Leyte PNP headquarters “on a floating status.”
He was replaced by Espina who was previously assigned at the Leyte Public Safety Battalion.
Rentuaya said that the relief of Renomeron is just part of the standard operating procedure as there is an ongoing probe regarding the incident.
“But he is still part of a special task force created regarding the incident in Hilongos,” she said.
But a source said that Renomeron was sacked from his post due to his failure to monitor the existence of the threat that resulted to the bombing incident.
On December 29, Beltejar created the special investigation task force to help hasten the Hilongos incident.
The December 28 incident at the Rizal Park in Hilongos injured 32 people after an improvised explosive devices (IED) exploded.
The first IED, of an 81 mm mortar, exploded at 9:01 followed with another explosion minutes later.
Police operative are still conducting their manhunt operation against their suspects using the footage taken from the CCTV.
Illegal drugs and a group involved in counterfeit money are the two angles being considered by the police as motive for the incident.