ORMOC CITY– A more than an hour-long fire incident in Bobon, Northern Samar has gutted down 11 houses with faulty electrical wiring seen as the cause of the fire on Sunday (Oct.9).
The fire incident, which took place in Barangay Salvacion in the said town, started at about 12:30 midnight and quickly spread as the affected houses were mostly made of light materials, says municipal fire marshal senior fire officer 3 Edwin Madronio.
Based on their investigation, the fire started at the house of Maricar Boltron.
Fire trucks from neighboring towns of Catarman and San Jose joined the local fire bureau in putting up the fire that was declared as totally fire out at 1:56 am.
No one was reported injured from the fire with an estimated damage of P165,000.
Meanwhile, Pat.Randy Maglente, duty desk officer of Bobon municipal police station, in a mobile phone interview disclosed that the local Municipal Social Welfare and Development Office together with Mayor Rene Celespara and Vice Mayor Ligaya Tagros-Uy have distributed relief goods to the fire victims consisting of clothes, beddings, and hygiene kits.
The fire victims are temporarily staying at the town’s terminal building but were given housing materials so they can rebuild their burned houses. (ROBERT DEJON)