ORMOC CITY-A fire suspected due to electrical discharges gutted down a furniture stockyard and employees staff house in Barangay Sabang, Palompon, Leyte last June 10
The blaze took place at the Emma Appliance trading which is owned by Teofila Nuñes at about 7:45 am.

Duty fire officer FO1 John Mark Uy, in an interview disclosed that the fire started at the front area of the house where the car garage was located and just minutes after the power supply returned after an hour of power outage.

He added that based on the accounts of the witnesses, the fire came from the electric spark of a post that entered the garage and landed on the sleeping foam of the employees left in the garage.

Among the belongings that were turned to ashes were the stock appliances and furniture along with four single motorcycles owned by the employees.

The fire was controlled at about 8: 30 am and fire out was declared at about 8: 45 am.
No one was reported injured from the fire with an estimated damage of P3.2 million. (ROBERT DEJON)