ORMOC CITY-Two men died while one other sustained burns in separate electrocution incidents in two Samar towns on Wednesday (Sept. 21).
Based on the reports reaching the regional headquarters of the Philippine National Police (PNP) based in Palo, Leyte, the two fatalities due to the electrocution incident were identified as Felicisimo Solayao, 67, and his brother Alfonso,63, both residents of Barangay Pacao, Villareal town in Samar.
It was learned that the two sexagenarian siblings were processing copras at about 12:30 pm on Wednesday when the younger Solayao accidentally touched a live wire.
His elder brother tried to rescue him but was also electrocuted.
The two were immediately brought to the town’s rural health unit for medical treatment but were pronounced dead on arrival by the attending physician.
Meantime, Loisito Dacutanan, 50 and a resident of Brgy.1, Motiong, sustained burns after he was electrocuted.
The police report said that the 1:45 pm incident, the victim accidentally touched a live cable wire in a house that is being constructed.
Dacutanan was brought to the town’s rural health unit for medical treatment and subsequently referred to the provincial hospital located in Catbalogan City for the burns he sustained. (ROBERT DEJON)