BOBON, Northern Samar- Mayor Reny Celespara of this town led in the distribution of 16 pedicab units on May 13, 2014 as part of his livelihood program. Also present during the distribution of the pedicab units held at the town plaza were officials of the Department of Labour and Employment led by provincial chief Patricia Bigcas. It was learned that the municipal government and the DOLE shared the cost in the procurement of the pedicab units which have a unit cost of P12,500. The DOLE shouldered 80 percent of the cost while the remaining 20 percent was sourced from the coffers of the municipal government. With the distribution of the 16 pedicab units, this brings to 30 in all of the pedicab units distributed by the municipal government and the DOLE to identified beneficiaries. Public Employment Service Office officer(PESO) chief Joseph Centino stressed in his message that the said distribution of the pedicab units forms part of the on-going livelihood program of the municipal government here particularly, to the pedicab drivers who gives their “boundary” to the owners of the units. In his message, Mayor Celespara extended his gratefulness to DOLE officials of their unfailing support on his livelihood programs as well as the ongoing special program for the employment of students and government internship program which benefited 62 students. “Salit sa iyo nga mga estudyante labihan nagud an mga pedicab drivers, hirute ini niyo ngan gamita sin pangabuhe basi makabulig san iyo pan adlaw-adlaw nga panginabuhe labi nagud an pagpaeskwela san iyo mga anak,” the mayor said. The pedicab drivers were organized first and underwent a series of orientations conducted by the Social Security System, Philippine Health Insurance and DOLE for them to understand as well of their obligations among other things which are stipulated under a contract of agreement that they signed. (PETER D. PAREDES)