ORMOC CITY– An internet installer lineman is currently recuperating at the Biliran Provincial Hospital in Naval town, Biliran for the injuries and burns he sustained after he touched a primary line of a local electric cooperative at about 1 pm on Wednesday(Jan.10) in Barangay Marvel, Culaba town.

The victim was identified as Dalman Vans, 28, single, and a resident of Brgy. Imelda, Naval town.

The police said that the incident occurred while the victim was installing an internet wire fiber at the post of the Biliran Electric Cooperative (BILECO) in the said barangay.

A co-worker of the victim who witnessed the incident, Gerald Dagel, 21, said that while Vans was installing, he accidentally touched the live wire that was attached to the post of BILECO.

As a result, the victim was electrocuted and sustained minor burns to his head and foot.
According to BILECO personnel who responded to the area, the victim accidentally touched a primary line resulting in his electrocution. Fortunately, the current came out from his body through a wound in his foot and did not result in his instantaneous death.