ORMOC CITY-A lineman who was doing repairs at an electric post died on the spot after he was electrocuted in Sogod, Southern Leyte on Friday (Nov. 3).

The victim was identified as Olvic Arayan, 42, and a lineman of the Southern Leyte Electric Cooperative (Soleco) and a resident of Brgy. Zone V, Sogod town.

Investigation conducted by local police disclosed that the victim was conducting repairs at the Soleco post near Corompido Hospital at about 11:50 am on that day when his body accidentally touched a high voltage wire that caused the electrocution.

The electrocution caused his body to stick at the post which resulted in his death.

Soleco personnel immediately cut the power supply in the area to rescue the victim.

Local rescue group rushed the victim to Sogod District Hospital but he was pronounced dead on arrival by the attending physician, Dr. Maria Jemalyn Carvero.

The victim’s cadaver was immediately brought to a local funeral parlor. (ROBERT DEJON)