The latest to die is a five-year old boy

TACLOBAN CITY-The number of deaths due to coronavirus disease (COVID-19) complications of the region is now at 82 with a five-year old boy as among the latest to have reportedly succumbed due to the dreaded virus.
Based on the report of the Department of Health(DOH), the five-year old boy is from Maslog town in Eastern Samar who died last November 19.
This raises the province’s number of deaths to seven.
Despite of the increasing number of fatalities, the DOH said that the death toll due to COVID-19 complications is just less than one percent out of the region’s total COVID-19 cases.
As of Monday, the region’s total COVID-19 cases is now at 8,282 with eight new cases were reported by the DOH last Sunday (Nov. 22).
Meantime, an 80-year old man San Antonio town in Northern Samar is among the latest individuals from the region to have contracted the dreaded virus.
The octogenarian is now confined in one of the private hospitals here in Tacloban since November 19 due to his recurring coughs.
His swabbed result turned to be positive which was released by the DOH last Nov. 20. He is now the fourth COVID-19 patient of the town.
According to San Antonio rural health office, family members of the 80-year old man are now quarantined being his close contacts.
In Guiuan town, Mayor Annaliza Gonzales Kwan said that all of their 12 contract tracers were quarantined as they were exposed to a person who turned out to be COVID-19 positive.
“But despite of their being quarantined, all our 12 contact tracers are still doing their jobs. They continue to call the close contacts of COVID-19 patients,” she said.
Gonzales Kwan also said that the 11 health workers of the town which were earlier isolated after they contracted the virus have resumed their work.
On Monday (Nov.23), the town mayor lifted the hard lock she imposed across the municipality due to rising number of COVID-19 cases.
The town remains to be under the status of general community quarantine.
Guiuan has 68 total cases of which 45 remain active with three deaths.