TACLOBAN CITY– A six-year-old boy, while on his way to school, died due to electrocution on Thursday (June 1) morning in Leyte, Leyte.

Report from the local police said the young boy, Edson Bismonte, accidentally touched a live wire that was blocking his way at about 7 am in Sitio Camansilis, Barangay Palid I, Leyte, Leyte.

The boy, who was in Grade 1, was with his elder sister, Eliza,10, during that time and they were on their way to Palid-II Elementary School.

Eliza tried to help her younger brother by pulling his backpack but was thrown away due to the electric shock.

She then asked for assistance from the people nearby who helped rush her brother to the rural health unit.

However, the attending physician declared the young victim dead on arrival.

The management of the Leyeco V Electric Cooperative (Leyeco V), who owns the live wire that electrocuted the boy, has yet to issue any statement on this incident.